National Monument to the Forefathers
More Mayflower Passengers
What America needs is Liberty Man! Liberty Man is carved in the toughest granite America has to offer. He is set in stone on the National Forefathers Monument. What mean these stones? The designer of the statue, Hammet Billings said:
10. Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15. And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16. Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18. Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Americans have not maintained their vigilance in protecting their liberties and God-given rights. Dr. Herb Titus is a graduate of Harvard Law School, cum laude, with a Doctorate of Jurisprudence degree. He has taught constitutional law for over thirty years, and is a current SCOTUS attorney. How he came out of Harvard is an amazing feat in itself. This is what he says about America today.
A nation that attempts to build a foundation on something other than Gods Law, ultimately will self-destruct. Because you cannot live according to law as man invents it to be. The remnant of Gods Law continues in America simply because, you cant live by any other rules, than by Gods rules. And you cant discard those rules. For example, we hold people responsible, for murder, for theft, even though the dominant view of who man is, is evolutionary. We are only determined by our genes and our environment, and the reason that some people do the things that they do is it is inevitable, it is determined. Yet we cant live that way, because we live in Gods world, not the imaginary world of Darwins imagination, but Gods reality.
The choice for Americans today is the same as it was when Joshua confronted the Children of Israel, centuries before, on the eve of their going into the Promised Land. Be strong and of a good courage. Choose you this day who you will serve? (Joshua 1:18 & 24:15) I have made my choice. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. (Joshua 24:15) Because of that choice, I have with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, pledged my life, fortune, and sacred honor to promoting the ideals of the Declaration of Independence in any way that I can for the future of my children and grandchildren.
What will you do? The final chapter of this book is yet to be written. The statues and monuments of the heroes of today have yet to be carved and set in stone. The future of America is in our own hands. That future is as bright as the promises of God.
Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God.
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: fear God and keep His commandments for this is the whole duty of man.
These that have turned the world upside down are come hither also.
For we must consider that we shall be a city upon a hill. The eyes of all people are upon us. So that if we shall deal falsely with our God in this work we have undertaken, so cause Him to withdraw His present help from us, we shall be made a story and a by-word through the world.
That he is the best friend to American liberty, who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion, and who sets himself with the greatest firmness to bear down profanity and immorality of every kind. Whoever is an avowed enemy of God, I scruple not to call him an enemy to his country.
Rev. John Witherspoon
Signer of the Declaration of Independence